Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reaching the World

Urban Minx is a small clothing boutique in Medford, Oregon. It was struggling tremendously from the economic fall, but has been doing well do to it's online store. Many people from around the world shop on this site. A bonus of shopping on this web site is that in Oregon people don't have to pay taxes, so the people that end up buying something on this site doesn't have to either.

I think this article is great because this is exactly what I want to do. I want to own a small clothing store and have a web site for my company. I have been to this store and have always liked it. It is a bit pricey, but the type of clothing sold is well known brands. This article is an example for people that are struggling in this industry. People like to have a fast and easy way to get what they want. I did a report on Internet shopping and it is the leading source for buying anything, especially clothes. It didn't surprise me that Urban Minx was struggling. In Medford and the surrounding areas people don't necessarily feel like spending a good amount on something fashionable. Usually, these types of store don't last very long. From this article, I learned that location is everything when it comes to running a clothing business.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot a question. My question is What will happen if the store decides to close will having only an internet source be reliable or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, I think that this article is very interesting. As a Merchandising major, I think that it is important to look at the success of store and online retailing. I think that the world is heading toward things based on convenience and transitioning everything online is very common today. I also want to own my own clothing store, and seeing what would happen to the store if they closed a physical store and just had online or visa versa, it will be interesting to see what would happen.

    ReplyDelete