Thursday, November 18, 2010

Opening of Another Microsoft Store

Microsoft opened new store at Bellevue Square. More than two thousand of people showed up for the opening. This was the seventh retail store, because Microsoft Store are only at limited places comparing to Apple which has stores across the nation.

Microsoft Stores is something I want to see in Oregon. We have many Apple Stores and I'm not a big fan of Apple except the Iphones and audios electronics such as Ipods and such. But when it come to computer, I like Microsoft more. I'm more of a PC guy and I know how PC works and my major is Computer Science and programing is what I am seeking to become. I'm very surprise that they opened another store but I hope they open one that is closer to me so I can have a chance to be part of the company in the near future or hopeful get an internship with them. I already know a lot about Microsoft since its been around for many of years already and I'm more toward the gaming console of Xbox 360. Something I wish to learn more is how we can get in touch with them in Oregon because I rather learn more information about their company in term of what they have to offer for college students. They didn't have a post up during the career fair so I really want to get in touch with a representative.

This is a big CSR contribution of which is offering more jobs out there. 50 employees were waiting as they heard the coward, that is a lot of employee for a store like that. This definitely open more jobs out there and I think they should expand more to get more supporters.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Jimmy, I think this is exciting. I am not really biased towards Apple or Microsoft, as I think each brings their individual strengths to the realm of computer science, but I think it's cool that they're opening a store to compete withe Apple stores, which can be found at just about any shopping mall nowadays. Apple is innovative and forthright with their marketing, and as a PC user, it'd be cool to see Microsoft open their own store in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a good idea for Microsoft to open another store in the Portland area, seeing as the Northwest has so many computer/engineering/software companies. It does make sense that they would open a store up in Bellevue though, because that is where a majority of their offices are. I think they will probably open more stores once more demographic research is done.

    On a side note, the weird thing about the Microsoft opening in Bellevue is that they're flying Miley Cyrus out for an outdoor concert on Saturday. The correlation between her and Microsoft makes no sense to me.

    ReplyDelete